Saturday, September 24, 2011

September 23rd, 2011: Third Meeting


I’m beginning to see a pattern with Fridays. Every one I’ve encountered so far has been irritatingly ridiculous. But really, this isn’t the place for me to complain about my bad relationship with time. I’ll place that on my other blog. :P But you -my wonderful audience- want to know about what went down in Anime Club.

Request: Received.

Club began as usual -12.30PM- with the announcements from President Lizzy about the upcoming bake sale and with another question for the members aka you: What else would you want to do for future events and/or fundraisers? We do need to figure out some new, fun things to do for our club, for the campus and community. Car washes? Locker Pets (those are little plushies filled with potpourri aka good smelling mulch that can be put in your car also)? A raffle on something awesome like an iPod or a dinner for two?

We do bake sales and the roadside cleanup every year. Think about it and leave some suggestions.

This meeting Pres Lizzy and VP Chris brainstormed together to create the mental offspring that is known as: ANIME JEOPARDY! It was pretty cool. Of course, I didn’t participate (y’know, writing the going-ons takes up playtime lol But it’s my kind) but the rest of the present members broke into three groups, of six people to a team. The group in the first row named themselves Team Derp. The second group in the third row were called Team Trolls. The final team, waaay in the back row, were known as Team Genocidicles (This was my favorite team name, but I was cheering for Team Trolls). This game went on until about 1:20PM, when all questions were answered. Even I didn’t know some of them.

Don’t quote me on this, but the Final Jeopardy question was: “What are the names of the five types of martial arts?” At least, that is what I understood by the answers given. I have to work on listening and writing better. Anyway, Team Trolls was in the lead by 230 points, Team Genodicicles had 140 pts, and Team Derp had 90 pts. All teams gave up points, and tried their best to answer the question. Genocidicles only gave one correct answer, Trolls gave three correct, and Derp didn’t know. VP Chris told us the answers and Team Trolls was declared the winner. When Pres Lizzy asked the club if they wished to play Anime Jeopardy again, they all were into the idea.

After all was said and done, the next thing to do was watch an AMV. This week, “Hero (Anime Expo 2011)" was played. And for those who don’t know the song and want to know, it was “Hero” by Skillet. I didn’t catch that when I asked and everyone looked at me like I was something idiotic. Oh well. It’s kind of true. Enough though.

Onto our weekly anime of the week that’s weekly! (Week.)
Oh! Edo Rocket!



Oh! Edo Rocket! is a comedy about an Edo period firework maker named Seikichi whom wishes to create fireworks that no one has ever seen before. A girl then mysteriously appears in his house and requests him to build a firework so powerful that it reaches the moon. And it all takes place in a town where a No Fireworks policy has awakened and the police will arrest anyone who is involved with fireworks. There are crazy antics too, and who can argue crazy antics? I can’t. We were only able to watch the first episode, but it was very good. And history nuggets were inserted after the credits, considering the anime is placed during the Edo Period. I mean, that’s pretty awesome. An anime that’s silly and is educational? On a scale of dig to dug, this anime HAS BEEN DUG HARDCORE. I really do like it. I love ridiculous humor. It makes my day, and watching this anime should make yours.

And that, my friends, is this week’s Anime Update.


Annnnnnnnnnnnd I knew I almost forgot something. I was rereading and rereading and I couldn’t figure out what I had to add. Then I looked at this cute shopping site (http://www.kawaiishopjapan.com/ btw This place is awesome!) and then I remembered.

Henry Marshall (whom attended ACC and knows our President Lizzy) is selling off his anime collection. Here’s the info:

Chobits- 7 DVD Set for $45
Star Ocean EX- 6 DVD Set w/ pencilboard inserts for $40
Full Metal Panic- 7 DVD Set $45
Samurai X: Director’s Cut- 2 DVD Box Set for $25
Tenchi In Tokyo- 8 DVD Box Set for $30
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa (Limited Edition)- 2 DVD Box Set w/ all included extras for $25
Blue Gender- 9 DVD Box Set w/ “The Warrior” movie for $30
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid- 4 DVD Set w/cardboard slipcases for $35
DN Angel- 5 DVD Box Set for $35
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World- 3 DVD set for $20

The bold italics are in the seller’s own words, and he lists the terms for buying his items:
All items from the personal collection are in mint/near mint condition. DVD Set refers to individual DVD cases. Box Set have the box included. Prices are negotiable, but I would like to get as close to my asking price as possible. I would like to avoid breaking up the sets, selling full sets only.
If you have any other questions, would like to discuss pricing or want to purchase something, feel free to contact me at: erdekaisersigma@gmail.com



And now, Muse is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment